Our ophthalmologists treat a variety of eye problems in children and adults.
Specifically, we are focused on the conditions listed below; however, the list is not exhaustive.
- Paediatric eye disorders and strabismus
- Adult strabismus
- Adult cataract
- Childhood cataract
- Progressive Myopia
- Watery eyes in infancy (Blocked tear ducts)
- Meibomian gland dysfunction (Chalazion, dry eye)
- Eye problems related to craniofacial disorders
- Diabetic eye disease
- Thyroid eye disease
Dr Joanne Dondey and Dr Lana Del Porto are experienced surgeons with subspecialist expertise in strabismus surgery (adults and children), childhood cataract surgery, and general paediatric eye surgery.
In addition we offer:
- Adult cataract surgery including insertion of premium intraocular lenses.
- Botulinum toxin (Botox) for PBS- approved indications such as blepharospasm, hemifacial spasm and strabismus.
- Laser treatment for glaucoma
Our surgeons operate at the following day surgery centres:
- Victoria Parade Surgery Centre (VPSC), East Melbourne
- Waverley Private Hospital, Mt Waverley
- Cabrini Day Procedure Unit, Malvern